Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Bagged
I stayed up way too late last night planning the Guiding year with my fellow leaders. I didn't get home until 11:30 and then, because my mind was reeling Guide stuff, I dreamed fitfully all night and didn't get any good sleep. I feel like I have a major hangover today. I looked in the mirror this morning and my eyes were all puffy and my face was red...seriously, I looked like my brother did the day after his bachelor party 7 years ago...and he had drunk like half the alcohol in Calgary that night. We did toast the new Guiding year with one glass of wine, but that was at 8:00 pm...and even though I'm an extremely cheap drunk, one glass of wine didn't cause this monstrosity today...it's just sheer exhaustion.

On a good note, I did find a woman who's easily twice as busy as I am. Like me, she has three kids, full-time job, kids in many sports and Guiding -- but she has taken on so many tasks that she regularly goes to bed at midnight and is up at 5:00 cleaning her house, because that's the only time she has. I'm not that busy. I do (usually) manage 7-8 hours sleep per night and ONLY vacuum on weekends (never at 5:00 in the morning)...so I feel a little better about my so-called-life.

Zeenee scored a goal in field hockey last night in her game. Her high school didn't have enough players for a junior and senior team, so she's playing against grade 12 girls...and holding her own well I must say. They still lost the game 4-3, but in the two years that her school has been running a field hockey program, that's the most goals they've ever scored...she's having fun anyways.

"He" and I have been emailing little "love you" notes all morning...I started it. I think I'm delerious from lack of sleep! (but if you've ever seen him, you know that he's very cute!)


Time until I'm back with my family: 6 hours, 15 minutes

What's for lunch: Turkey, bacon stuffed pastry (have you tried those new Stouffers stuffed pastries...yummy!!) and cottage cheese. 10 minute nap on lunch-room table.

Laundry list: I have a blouse in my closet that I haven't worn in three months because it needs ironing. Why can't all clothes be permanent press?


footer2.JPG