Thursday, November 17, 2005
Exactly How I Feel
I just came across this wonderfully written post at Mommybloggers. It was written by Meghan from I'm Ablogging...it's about the guilt she experiences from being a working mother. The whole time I was reading I was thinking "that's exactly how I feel. That's it! I've always felt like that. Yes, I agree. Absolutely!"

Meghan managed to write what I have been feeling since Zeenee was 6 months old and I had to put her in daycare and go back to work...since I had to put Anabella in daycare at 6 months old and go back to work...since I had to put Budgie in daycare at 6 months old and go back to work...14 years of guilt rolled up in a giant snowball that's heading down a steep hill. That guilt doesn't go away...ever...

My kids are all in school full days now and I STILL want to be there for them.

...and this paragraph made me say AMEN:

Is anyone talking about how incredibly hard it is to raise a family and own home with one income? How it keeps getting HARDER? Is anyone talking about how we can help families with limited financial means stay home with their kids? Is anyone talking about women who earn more than their husbands? How these women can handle the incredible amount of guilt they carry for not being the one who has the biggest influence on their children’s day to day activities? For not knowing what their kids had for lunch and how many times they have pooped that day?

Thanks Meghan...for saying it...

Desperate to be a Housewife

Time until I'm back with my family: 5 hours, 26 minutes

Laundry List: Oh lots, but at least I got off my butt last night and vacuumed and cleaned the living room, bathroom, hallway and catbox (so she wouldn't scratch my eyes out..."every two days lady or I end you" says Pizza Maria)...so less cleaning for Saturday...that's always good.

Deep Thoughts With Jack Handy: "If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let 'em go, because, man, they're gone."


Administrative Assistants - have you visited this website? Articles, tips, tricks and humour for the most important person in the office...YOU!


footer2.JPG