Thursday, January 12, 2006
My MIL could so totally beat up your MIL
I've told you all before how much I love my mother-in-law right? I've always said that if I actually got to select my MIL from a bunch of profiles I would have picked her...she is number one, top notch, best of breed, awesome! I love her more than cheese...and in my house that's the best compliment you can give (the kids and I are always saying, "I love you more than cheese" because cheese is excellent dammit, but we definately love each other more...so shoot us, we're weird).

...and the email I just received from her only helps to cement her
greatness:

I was wondering about your blog….you know the one about divorce and showers and things. How would this affect Christmas? Would I get you or CB? Where would the kids go? I know reno’s can be difficult and that you probably are not thinking clearly in the midst of flying cement bits, cursing, dust from gyprock, cursing, mold, cursing, plumbing, and cursing, so I felt to write and help you gain some clarity and hopefully some uplifting advice that my mother often gave me. “This too, shall pass”. Of course, none of the above comes from a selfish point of view at all but you really should consider the implications. Would we still be able to have tea together? And what about making cards, poking fun at our husbands (well, ok not to their faces maybe but still…..) Please consider these things. My life could be ruined. What if he got another wife and she was awful (of course she would be, she wouldn’t be you) and then what? And what if she didn’t like TEA. Then what…….Oh my, I must stop before I hyperventilate.

Love you much, don’t want to live without you,

Mom


footer2.JPG