Thursday, January 12, 2006
Story Time - Poker Edition
Thanks for all the comments everyone! I love, love, love you guys!

I have become an online poker nut...I'm addicted! Don't call Gamblers Anonymous yet though, because I only use play money...if I really did have $71,000 I would find something better to spend it on...second car, house downpayment, new shoes. My brother placed fourth in a tournament a couple of months ago and won 600 bucks...nice brother that he is, he transferred 30 real dollars into my account. Big mistake! I lost it in a little under a week and a half...all on one dollar tournaments. So, I learned fast that I should stick to play money and I felt bad that I could have used that money to buy istock photos for my site or something tangible on ebay.

Anyways, I play almost every day, usually after the kids have gone to bed. I usually just do one game and if it's a slow one, it gives me a chance to read my email in between hands and even surf blogs.

Last night was no exception...I logged on at about 9:50 and put myself on a table of nine. As soon as I was on the table I thought about what a mistake I'd made...my bed was calling to me and I was yawning so big my face was disappearing!

The first hand I got queen & four of hearts and went all-in, because I just wanted off the table so I could go to bed...three other people called me and when their cards were revealed, they all overcarded me with aces and kings. Great! I'm going to lose! I can go to bed! Not quite...the flop turned up three more hearts and I knocked all three of them out with a flush...cool!

But, this is the funny part, another player on the table who didn't get knocked out starts calling me an asshole and a suck out (if you've never played on PokerStars, you can actually type instant messages to other players that everyone on the table can view)...he's clearly mad that I went all in on such a weak hand and won...so I type this in on the next hand (summoning my best Forest Gump "sorry I ruined your Black Panther party" voice):

Sorry I'm taking all your *fake* money. I feel bad that you could have used that *fake* money to feed your *fake* kids. Gee, now you can't buy that *fake* new loaf of bread.

Ha! I could just feel him fuming behind his monitor. I must have touched a nerve because he went all in on the next hand with Ace Jack...and I knocked him out with three kings.

Sweet Justice!


Desperate to be a Housewife

Time until I'm back with my family: 3 hours

Laundry List: I'm going all in on this one...but will probably lose!

Administrative Assistants - have you visited this website? Articles, tips, tricks and humour for the most important person in the office...YOU!

Comments are encouraged by the site owner...and gratefully received!



footer2.JPG